Oz Angling is hosting a salmon fishing tournament this Saturday, October 5th, along the wall on the Oswego River.
- 2 person team tournament - $50 entry per team
- Tournament capped at 30 teams. Sign up as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
- Sign up at The Oz Bait & Tackle with cash or credit/debit card, or sign up at ozangling.com with credit/debit card.
- Meet up the morning of the tournament to review rules at 6:15 am at the Kiddy Pool, behind Jocko's Diner.
- Tournament starts at legal fishing time: 6:38 am
- Tournament ends at: 5 pm
- Winners announced and prizes handed out at 5:15 pm at the Kiddy Pool.
- Boundaries for the tournament are confined to the high wall and low wall behind The Oz Bait & Tackle. (From the corner by the powerhouse to the end of the low wall.)
- Only anglers fishing off the wall, within the designated boundary, can participate. Fishing from a boat is not allowed.
- Your partner must net your fish for you on the low wall. You may not land the fish by yourself and you may not let anyone else besides your partner land your fish. Once your partner nets the fish, you must bring your fish to the designated weigh station, which will be located half way down the low wall. Your partner can go back to fishing after netting your teams fish.
- All salmon will be weighed at the designated weigh in station on the low wall right after they are landed. Participants have the option of keeping their fish or releasing it after they catch it.
- One community net will be provided for participants, but we recommend that you bring your own long handle net to land fish off the wall. Otherwise, you will have to ask someone else to borrow a net or wait your turn for the community net.
- If both team members hook fish at the same time then you can still attempt to land both fish, but you may not hand your rod off to anyone besides your partner in order to land the fish.
- Salmon must be hooked in the mouth to count for the tournament. All foul hooked fish will not count and must be returned to the water immediately.
- All legal fishing tactics are allowed. Check the rules and regulations for the Oswego River to ensure that you are fishing legally. If fish are landed with illegal tactics then those fish will not count for the tournament.
- The combined weight of your team's three biggest salmon will determine your place. The team that weighs in the single biggest salmon of the tournament will win the prize for 'Biggest Salmon'.
- First place, second place, third place, and biggest salmon will pay out a cash prizes.
- 40% for 1st, 25% for 2nd, 15% for 3rd, and 20% for Biggest Salmon.
- If 30 teams sign up then the pot will be $1500 and it will all be paid out according to the percentages listed above.
If you have any questions then give us a call at (315) 216-6043 or send us a direct message on our Instagram or Facebook pages.